Monday, March 14, 2011

Busy Bee

I have checked some serious household projects off my list this week!


First up, I refinished our table top! After several months of the antique white that I painted previously, I decided to go with my first instinct, and stain the table top a dark walnut. I am so pleased with it! I'll do a more lenghty post on it soon.




I also wrapped twine around my hurricane vases and am IN LOVE with that organic look they have now.


I picked up these lovely burlap pillows for $9 a piece a couple of weeks ago. I loved their shape and texture, but they had a very unfortunate, bamboo ring as the center of the pillow. Eww.

But not for long!


I tea-stained some white felt (apparently my hubby isn't a fan of stark white... who knew??), and used my rosette tutorial to spruce up the pillows with a little feminine love.

And don't you dare think about laying your head on these... let me enjoy my child-free, snag-free, stain-free, mess-free years while I've got them...

I've got another project in the works, too... I'll write more on that later. But let's just say it's going here...


Once I put this up...

Found here


Busy Bee,
Lauren





5 comments:

  1. Holy cow, that's a lot of things! They all look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the table. seriously. love. and love the feminine touch on the pillows... fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow girl! You have been so busy!

    I love the table & the pillows! They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so you're ready for your "Guest Post" I take it?!?! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh i can't wait to see the 'sunburst' or whatever you call it.. i hope you're doing a tutorial because i want to make one! those pillows look darling--great job! i left you a little something on my blog---check it out ;) http://katelynarrant.blogspot.com/2011/03/i-got-award.html

    ReplyDelete