Friday, February 18, 2011

Pattern Painting: chevron

Matt and I picked up this sweet magazine rack at our favorite consignment store a few weeks ago. It was a dark oak with some dents and dings. Apologies for no "before" photo... I need to get better about that. I'm normally just too anxious to get started! You've got a good imagination, though, right? Dark. Oak. Dusty. Boring.

All in all, it just needed a little love! This was my first time painting a pattern on a piece of furniture, but I feel that it is small enough to handle it and won't look out of place in our house. This piece did not want to stay plain-jane, believe. you. me.


I'm so happy with it! I took some 120-grit sandpaper to it afterwards to give it the weathered look that we love so much. And let's face it... also to make any imperfections look completely purposeful. :)


Now... on to the next order of business. What to put in it? Help!
I understand that it's a magazine rack, but I don't like the look of books or magazines in it. My (ever-so-creative) hubby suggested flowers.... maybe dried hydrangeas tucked into it?

I'm open to suggestions! I'm just concerned that if I don't find a "use" for it soon, it might turn into a shoe rack.

xo
Lauren
linking up here:




 





2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I think it would be a perfect yarn holder if you take up any needle crafts :) or if you just find some pretty yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. and just what exactly is wrong with a super cute shoe holder??

    ReplyDelete